To provide an educational program that meets the educational needs of each student in the teacher’s area of responsibility.
Directly responsible to the principal or other designated administrator.
Major Duties and Responsibilites
Will provide for instruction which is consistent with district and school expectations and which meets the educational needs of all students assigned to the teacher.
Will communicate with students, parents, administrators and other staff members in a manner which is consistent with district and school expectations.
Will employ planning, record-keeping, resource management, and learning environment management practices which are consistent with district and school expectations, and which maximize the teacher’s effectiveness.
- Student Supervision and Welfare
Will provide for student supervision which ensures student safety consistent with district and school expectations.
- Professional Responsibilities
Will assume professional responsibilities in a manner which meets district and school expectations and ensures continued personal and professional growth.
- Goals and Objectives
Will implement district goals and objectives for certificated teacher as modified in the individual’s planning conference.
- Other Duties
Will perform other duties as assigned consistent with the New Haven Unified School District/New Haven Teachers Association contract.
- Adapt plans to meet different needs, learning
- Create an instructional program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth.
- Establish effective rapport with pupils.
- Motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary education, in accordance with each pupil’s ability.
- Monitor children in classrooms.
- Display the use of good judgement in making decisions.
- Maintain professional relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues and supervising staff members.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain acceptable standards of physical health, energy and emotional adjustment to the job environment.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information and make presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Seeing to read a variety of materials.