Substitute Placement Clerk/Personnel Clerk
- Under general supervision, contacts and assigns substitutes daily for classified and certificated employees
- Processes leave requests, State Disability, Workers
- Compensation and Unemployment claims
- Prepares monthly MR87 report and an annual CAL/OSHA report
- Maintains employee absence records
- Processes certificated and classified substitutes, noon supervisors and student workers
- Does related work consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives notification of absent employees via leave requests, phone calls, and daily messages on the code-a-phone and e-mail
- Calls and assigns substitutes on a daily basis and notifies the school or department involved
- Maintains records of days/hours worked by substitutes for payroll verification purposes
- Prepares record cards for newly hired substitutes
- Processes all employee absence requests
- Confers with other departments and schools on substitute needs
- Performs a variety of personnel duties including Personnel Action Form (PAF) preparation, data entry, scheduling substitute interviews; handling summer school and adult school teacher hires
- And operates equipment related to the processing of new employees
- Clerical work, typing, proofreading, filing, checking, and recording information on records
- Answers the telephone and provides information concerning departmental programs
- Explains and interprets facts and policies to other employees and the public about the records maintained
- Compiles and prepares various departmental records and reports
- Performs all related duties as assigned
- Learns and interprets specific rules, laws, and policies and applies them with good judgment in a variety of procedural situations
- Performs responsible clerical work with accuracy and speed
- Deals effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations
- Analyzes situations and adopts an effective course of action
- Carries out oral and written directions independently
- Back up as needed for PBX operator.
- Type at a rate of fifty (35) words per minute
- Pass qualifying test.
One (1) year of broad and varied experience in clerical and typing work.