RCA I – General
Under supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional instructional and clerical tasks as directed by instructional personnel; to work in a variety of settings; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities in a resource center and/or an individual classroom
- Oversees and supervises students during activities in classrooms, media center, playgrounds, and on field trips
- Assists in the management of student behavior; assists in parent conferences
- Attends inservice meetings as required
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly, and attractive learning environment
- Operates audio-visual and office equipment
- Supervises students.
Must pass qualifying test.