Migrant Education Student Advocate
Under supervision, to provide a variety of tutorial and advisory services to migrant students; to meet with parents of migrant children; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Advises students and staff about programs designed to assist students to improve achievement, meet graduate requirements, and assist with career and vocational goals
- Provides for individual and group tutoring programs for migrant students
- Periodically reviews student transcripts and advises students regarding graduation requirements and requirements for post-secondary education and training
- Assists migrant students with course selections; assists students to become placed in appropriate work-study programs
- Meets with and advises parents of migrant students regarding educational needs of the student
- Recruits students to serve as mentors and peer tutors for migrant students
- Maintains accurate records and provides data as needed from those records
- Confers with teacher on needs of individual migrant students
- Attends inservice activities as appropriate.
Must pass qualifying tests. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Bilingual.