Kids First Lead Program Assistant
Under limited supervision, to coordinate and implement Kids First activities. To monitor staff and student tutors.
Directly responsible to the Pupil Services Manager, the Kids First Site Specialists and site administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Places students needing tutoring in appropriate tutoring situation
- Communicates with teachers to monitor student progress and determine changes
- Monitors Kids First students and staff
- Coordinates Kids First day staff in the absence or under the direction of the Kids First Site Specialist and the Pupil Services Manager
- Develops, coordinates, and implements daily activities for kids first students
- Communicates regularly with Kids First Site Specialist and the Pupil Services Manager regarding issues of safety, discipline, and the effectiveness and appropriateness of recreational activities
- Implements safety procedures
- Implements a discipline system for Kids First students
- Open and/or close program as needed.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Oral and written communication skills
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques
- Basic research methods
- Operation of a computer and assigned software
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Principles of training and providing work direction
- Methods of collecting and organizing data and information
- Business letter and report writing techniques
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Basic math
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to relieve the supervisor of administrative and clerical detail.
- Serve as a liaison between administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents and the public.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Learn applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently or from oral instructions.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Make basic mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to file materials.
Leadership abilities, experience in supervision of staff.