Under general supervision, to perform grounds maintenance and gardening work; and to do related work as required.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
- Performs general grounds maintenance work and general clean-up
- Keeps supplies, tools, and equipment in proper condition and repair
- Plants, cultivates, fertilizes, water, and sprays ornamental plants, shrubs, hedges, trees, flowers, and lawns
- Trims trees, hedges, and shrubs
- Prepares and treats soil for planting
- Sets out plants
- Keeps assigned areas free from pests and plant diseases
- Rakes leaves and hoes weeds
- Operates small, medium, and heavy trucks and power equipment such as power mower, power edger, rototiller, and other heavy equipment and tools in performance of work
- Performs ground maintenance duties including forming and pouring cement, installing sprinkler pipe, repairing and maintaining sprinkler valves, sprinkler heads, and hydraulic and electrical controllers
- Prepares athletic fields
- Reports any conditions which require work to maintain area assigned to in good condition.
- Possession of appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Must pass both qualifying written test and performance test.
- One year of experience in gardening, grounds maintenance, or related work.