Responsible for efficient monitoring of the District’s financial activities, fiscal reporting, budget development, year-end close, accurate and timely completion of budget reports required by the State including Adopted Budget, Interim Reports, and Unaudited Actuals, coordination of the District’s independent audit, and oversight of accounting, purchasing, payroll as well school site budgets and internal controls and processes.
- Directly responsible to the Chief Business Officer.
- Directly responsible for the supervision of assigned personnel including department heads in the areas of payroll, accounting, purchasing, and fiscal reporting.
- Provide direction and support for site management and support personnel in the development of the District Plan, attendance accounting, general fiscal record keeping, and site financial activities and record keeping. The Director of Fiscal Services directs and/or performs site audits, site budgets review, and process for credit cards & revolving funds annually.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the work of the budget development, fiscal reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, fixed asset accounting, purchasing and payroll functions.
- Under the guidance of the Chief Business Officer develop and control of the district’s budget, including all revenue sources and expenditure categories in all funds. Responsible for year-end closing.
- Coordinates preparation and control of categorical budgets with program managers. Responsible for timely filing of Federal and State financial reports.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the preparation and control, and reporting of attendance and enrollment data.
- Provides appropriate technical assistance to district administrators in the area of fiscal responsibilities.
- Directly responsible for state reports on budget, attendance, class size reduction, reports on categorical programs and grants and revenue limits.
- Plans, organizes and directs workshops for district employees on budget, revolving fund, use of credit cards, student body accounting, and attendance accounting.
- Annually schedules and performs internal audits of student body accounts and record keeping practices.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the preparation of all mandated cost reports.
- Represents the district during financial and other audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Research and evaluation, data collection, processing, analysis and reporting.
- GAAP, SACS, federal and state laws and regulations.
- Computer capabilities and data processing applications.
- Test/survey design and development.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software including Microsoft Office applications and e-mail.
- Statistical and mathematical computations and measurements.
- Public speaking techniques.
- Planning, organization and reporting of financial systems.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to budget, fiscal, and attendance reporting.
- Serve as a trainer and technical resource in testing, assessment and proper operations of related software systems.
- Analyze and interpret data and provide clear and concise narrative and graphic explanations of data and trends.
- Plan and analyze work to utilize the capabilities of available equipment and software.
- Make accurate mathematical and statistical computations.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and advances in the field.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Required four year degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or Education or related field.
- MBA, CMA, or CPA preferred.
- Must have experience in business office supervision.
- 5 years of progressive experience in school business management.
- Salary Range 53
- 225 day work year