Under limited direction, to perform technical clerical work of above average difficulty involved in the recruitment of certificated personnel, maintenance of personnel records, and preparation of specialized reports; to provide secretarial services to high level personnel administrators by relieving them of minor administrative detail using independent reasoning in interpreting and applying policy and precedents in handling problems of work organization and procedures; and to perform all other related duties as assigned.
This position is a confidential position. A high degree of judgment, tact, discretion, initiative, and confidentiality must be exercised by employees in this position. Employees in this position must have extensive knowledge of school district rules, regulations and procedures as well as knowledge of state guidelines for credentialing. This position is also responsible for high level complex clerical assignments, sophisticated desktop publishing, utilizing various computer programs with minimum instruction or supervision, maintaining the credentials monitoring program, the electronic document management system as well as utilizing the district network system, Internet, ESCAPE and other county systems. This position may also exercise supervisory responsibilities when so directed.
- Provides a variety of technical and clerical duties involved in conducting a comprehensive personnel program for certificated personnel
- Performs a wide variety of clerical work including sophisticated desktop publishing and preparation of materials for print or presentation
- Provides information on salaries, and district procedures to applicants and employees
- Interprets policies, rules, regulations, and procedures in person by telephone or by letter to employees and to the public
- Processes certificated applications for employment
- Makes necessary arrangements for interviews and appointments
- To maintain records of applicants and placements as required by the district’s affirmative action program
- Assists employees with credential applications and processes permits and waivers for submission to the county office of education
- Composes a variety of correspondence related to the recruitment and selection of personnel
- Verifies former experience of applicants
- Coordinates personnel activities with the Payroll Department to ensure accuracy of salary placement
- Evaluates transcripts submitted by certificated employees upon completion of additional units
- Assists in gathering and compiling a variety of data for salary and related purposes
- Evaluates transcripts of new certificated employees for proper salary placement
- Processes evaluations to maintain an accurate cycle and to conduct data analysis
- Produces personnel reports utilizing the personnel computer system; maintains district’s home page and job phone line with current listings and recruitment schedule: performs all
- other related duties as assigned.
- Principles and procedures of personnel record keeping; the district’s computer system, and electronic document management system
- Provisions of the certificated employee contract; basic provisions of laws and rules regarding personnel and salary placement
- Credential requirements
- Transcript evaluation; office methods and procedures, including filing systems
- Receptionist and telephone techniques, and letter and report writing
- Correct English usage, punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- And basic arithmetical concepts.
- Interpret and apply pertinent personnel policies, rules, and regulations of the school district and the State Education Code
- Perform clerical work involving use of independent judgment and requiring accuracy and speed
- Accurately compile and prepare statistical reports
- Compose correspondence independently or from taped dictation
- Perform in situations requiring specialized knowledge using tact and good judgement
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Communicate effectively and maintain cooperative working relationships with administrators, staff, and the public
- Type at a speed of 60 words per minute
- Complete duties as assigned.
Three years of increasingly responsible clerical, secretarial or technical experience, preferably including experience that would provide familiarity with school district personnel practices
Or any combination of training and/or experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
Equivalent to a one-year training program at a Business or Junior College desirable.
Mgt.salary range 12
225 day workyear