Under the supervision of the Director of Maintenance, Operations, and Transportation, to supervise maintenance and custodial line staff at Logan High School, Conley Caraballo HS, Decoto Adult Ed Center, and Educational Services Center; manage the print shop at Logan High School; and assist in the development, modification and implementation of the districts custodial and maintenance programs.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the maintenance, custodial, and grounds-keeping operations at Logan High School, Conley Caraballo HS, Decoto Adult Ed Center, and Educational Services Center.
- Directs the staff assigned to the various areas of responsibility, including providing for the evaluation process and in-service/training programs.
- Determines work order priorities and scheduling.
- Responsible for allocation of resources and budget control.
- Responsible for security systems within facilities, including the assurance that they are in proper working order.
- Works directly with the site administrators in the coordination of maintenance, custodial, and grounds services.
- Preparation for budget requests relating to facility needs.
- Assist in the scheduling of facility users.
- Manages the daily operations of the print shop at Logan HS including satellite print stations.
- Assists the Director of MOT and Executive Director for Operations in the various aspects of the building program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Basic methods, materials, tools and equipment used in maintenance, custodial, and grounds services.
- Management skills to direct and organize individuals and crews.
- Construction and modernization project management .
- Knowledge of applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Operation and maintenance of custodial equipment and power and hand tools.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tack, patience and courtesy.
- Perform routine management activities at assigned school site or facilities to maintain buildings and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Understand requirements of maintaining District buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Use appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Use proper lifting techniques
- Observe, report, and assign need for maintenance and repair.
- Produce oral and written reports.
- Ability to produce and use data bases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to use work order and project management computer systems.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Speak, read and write English at a level required for satisfactory job performance.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Perform heavy physical labor.
- Climb ladders.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch.
- See to perform assigned work.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Two years in school maintenance and/or custodial management, or four years in maintenance and/or custodial management in other field, or four years in construction or modernization project management.
- Bachelors Degree
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- Must provide a clean DMV record.
- Indoor and outdoor environment.
- May be required to drive as needed.
- Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors.
- Seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions.
- Cleaning chemicals.
- Working around and with machinery with moving parts.
- Potential for contact with body fluids.
SALARY & WORKYEAR
- Mgt. Salary Range 45
- 225 day calendar