- Perform program design and coding of computer based systems to meet District needs.
- To provide the necessary analysis to implement the desired software modifications and additions.
- To provide user software documentation, support and training.
Directly responsible to the Assistant Superintendent for Technology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate and implement plans for migration of legacy systems to new technology systems.
- Perform database analysis and design for new systems and system modifications.
- Provide design documentation of new projects for review of the users.
- Evaluate vendor proposed software and hardware.
- Perform systems feasibility and cost studies.
- Generate preliminary systems conceptual designs, timelines and cost estimates
- Provide for the distribution of software and user documentation
- Provide for necessary quality assurance before releasing software systems and modifications to the users.
- To organize and facilitate meetings of software users.
- Generate performance specifications for software systems.
- Analyze user needs and system requirements to perform input document and output report design.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- On-line transaction processing and event driven programming
- Graphical user interface design
- Client server architecture
- TCP/IP networking
- SQL and database intrinsic language
- COBOL Programming, hierarchical database design and on-line interactive program design
- HP 3000 Image and Query
- Project and program planning techniques and control
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Capabilities, operation and utilization of computer systems and related equipment
- Systems and procedures analysis and development
- Applicable computer language and software product evaluation
- Management information systems
- California state codes related to assigned projects
- Learn and use new program languages and operating systems
- Translate user requirements into successful and feasible system designs and program specifications
- Perform systems analysis activities including the development of cost efficient, auditable, and secure systems
- Design forms, develop test techniques and test computer programs and systems
- Assist users in determining their needs
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and accurately
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- See to perform activities
- Hear and speak to exchange information
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
EUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field including or supplemented by courses in systems analysis and programming and at least three years of experience in systems development and applications programming.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid California Class C driver’s license.
- Office environment
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work
Management salary range 34
225 day work year