RCA I – Video
Under supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional instructional and clerical tasks as directed by instructional personnel; to assist with day-to-day operation of instructional television studio; to work in a variety of settings; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities in a classroom
- Oversees and supervises students during activities in classrooms, media center, and on field trips
- Assists with the day-to-day operation of an instructional television studio
- Checks out equipment for field productions; assists in the management of student behavior
- Assists in parent conferences
- Attends inservice meetings as required
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly, and attractive learning environment
- Operates audio-visual and office equipment
- Supervises students.
- Must pass qualifying test.
- Understands basic video production and post-production procedures and practices.
- Is knowledgeable in the basic operation of video cameras, videotape editing systems, lighting, and audio recording equipment.
- Is able to use computers as necessary.