RCA I – ESL
Under supervision, to perform a variety of paraprofessional, instructional, and clerical tasks as directed by instructional personnel in a variety of settings; and to do related work as required, consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists instructional personnel with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises
- Tutors students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activities in a resource center and/or an individual classroom
- Oversees and supervises students during activities in classrooms, media centers, playgrounds, and on field trips
- Assists in the management of student behavior
- Assists in maintaining a neat, orderly, and attractive learning environment
- Operates audio-visual and office equipment; performs all related duties as assigned
- Supervises students
- Demonstrates an understanding, patient, receptive attitude toward students
- Communicates correctly in oral and written form; understands and carries out oral and written instructions
- Maintains cooperative relationships with the supervising teachers, staff, and parents
- Performs basic arithmetical calculations accurately.
Must pass qualifying test.