Information Systems Specialist
- Provide support and training to users while assisting with the management of staff and student data in District information systems.
- Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and provide training and documentation to users of District information systems and resources.
- Provide assistance to users of District information systems and resources for the purposes of training or troubleshooting.
- Act as liaison between users and support vendors for District information systems and resources.
- Attends trainings and presentations as necessary to maintain skills in District information systems and resources.
- Generates a variety of reports and documents from District information systems in prescribed formats and at special requests for the purpose of meeting staff, student, District, state and federal reporting needs.
- Prepare written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Train users on District processes as they relate to District information systems and resources.
- Participate in meetings, workshops, and seminars as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the availability and security of data.
- Conduct scheduled imports and exports of data between District and other (including state and federal) information systems as necessary to ensure proper functioning of those systems.
- Consult with users to provide guidance in the effective use of District information systems and resources.
- Work with school staff within and outside the District to resolve data anomalies in systems the District maintains or with which it integrates.
- Test and evaluate application software products and assist in the evaluation of software product standards.
- Assist in implementing new or updated information systems.
- Assist with other technology department duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Student Information Systems
- Software troubleshooting techniques.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Terminology, processes and operations of assigned office or program.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic research methods and report preparation techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with staff, administration and others as required.
- Maintain records, logs and files.
- Learn principles of training and providing work direction and guidance to others.
- Provide instruction to users of District information systems and resources.
- Compile, assemble, verify and prepare data for records and reports.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Be able to multitask.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Knowledge and experience with student information systems. Knowledge and experience with school office operations.
Three (3) years of responsible and varied experience in stenographic and clerical work, preferably including at least one (1) year of experience in a school district. One (1) year experience providing support to computer software users.