Graphics Communication Technician
- Under supervision, to assist in the overall production scheduling of a printing facility
- To operate the production equipment available at said facility
- To assist in the coordination of work of personnel assigned
- And to do related work as required consistent with job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates duplicating, collating, binding, photolithographic and plate-making equipment
- Trains and coordinates the work of subordinates in the operation of said equipment
- Oversees duplicating machine operations including methods used in making masters, set ups, mixing of solutions, cleaning, adjustment, and minor repair of equipment
- Maintains supply inventories, records of operation, calculates billing for completed work
- Operates equipment as production requires.
- Overtime work is part of the job responsibility.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Terminology, processes and operations of assigned office or program.
- Record-keeping and filing techniques.
- Telephone techniques and etiquette.
- Basic research methods and report preparation techniques.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
- Basic math.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, staff and administration.
- Interpret, apply and explain applicable laws, codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Maintain records, logs and files.
- Learn principles of training and providing work direction and guidance to others.
- Compile, assemble, verify and prepare data for records and reports.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Plan and organize work.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Be able to multitask. Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time. See to read a variety of materials.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to file materials.
Must pass qualifying tests.
Four years experience in the operation of offset duplicating machines including some lead experience.