Facility Assistant I
Under limited supervision of the Facility Supervisor, to independently set up buildings and athletic facilities for a variety of school and community uses, perform a variety of general cleaning and maintenance tasks on building and athletic facilities; and to do related work as required consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Sets up rooms for community activities
- Sets up for indoor and outdoor athletic activities, including related lighting, sound system, scoreboards and equipment
- Lines athletic fields and facilities
- Cleans facilities
- Performs minor maintenance work and maintains equipment used in the course of work
- Coordinates the work of others in the course of duties
- Uses tools and equipment with skill and efficiency
- Makes simple repairs to sound, scoreboard, and lighting systems
- Performs heavy physical labor
- Follows schedule of events and plans work to effectively complete tasks on time.
Must pass qualifying tests.
Possession of an appropriate California Operator’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles.
One year of experience in set up of facilities or demonstrable equivalency.