EL Civics Program Assistant
Under general supervision to supervise childrens activities. Directly responsible to the El Civics Lead Program Assistant, EL Civics Program Manager and adult school principal.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement and leads recreational, academic and social activities for children ages 3-5.
- Communicates regularly with Lead El Civics Program Assistant.
- Assists with issues of safety, discipline, and the effectiveness and appropriateness of recreational, social and academic activities.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Use proper lifting methods.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person or on the telephone Sit for extended periods of time Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch. Ability to lift and/or move moderately heavy objects/students (up to 30lbs).
- Experience with groups of preschool children in recreational, academic and social setting.
- Second language desirable.