A. PRIMARY FUNCTION
To administer the special education program.
B. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Directly responsible to the Associate Superintendent for Instruction.
Directly responsible for supervising special education services and personnel.
C. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs the administration and operation of the special education program in the district for all individuals with exceptional needs.
- Represents the district in the Mission Valley (SELPA).
- Directs the program of identification and placement of students in special education programs.
- Organizes and administers the program of psychological and speech services within the district.
- Develops and manages the special education budget.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of the special education curriculum.
- Participates in the selection and supervision of the special education staff.
- Administers the special education transportation program.
- Facilitates the School Resource Team program throughout the district.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY & WORKYEAR:
- Management salary range 53
- 225 day work year