Under the supervision of the Custodial Leader, to plan, schedule, and perform a variety of general cleaning and maintenance tasks in an assigned school plant or installation; and to do related work as required by the building administrator consistent with the job description.
Directly responsible to designated administrators.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs minor maintenance work such as replacing water faucets, installing bulletin boards, replacing electrical switches, replacing fluorescent lights, and painting of small areas
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors
- Washes, scrubs, and disinfects restrooms
- Answers calls from school officials and provides requested service
- Sets up rooms for community activities
- Assists in receiving and storing cafeteria food
- Maintains equipment used in the course of work
- Uses cleaning materials and equipment with skill and efficiency
- Performs heavy physical labor.
- Must pass qualifying tests.
- One year of experience in custodial work.