Under the direction of the Director – Assessment, Research and Evaluation Administrator, plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to assigned State and District assessment and testing programs; plan, coordinate, design, conduct or oversee research and evaluation activities; provide training and information to site and District personnel to facilitate informed decision-making regarding use of data for the improvement of district programs, including the RTTT Grant, and school site delivery of instruction and other services provided to students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to assigned State and District assessment and testing programs.
- Software Systems Developer (DD, NWEA, Assessment Focused, etc.); creates interfaces among data systems.
- Develop instructions for administration, training workshops, and testing schedules.
- Ensure test security and coordinate delivery and retrieval of materials; electronically scan and score forms; create and generate related reports.
- Provide technical assistance and training to site and District personnel regarding assessment and evaluation activities.
- Provide District staff development and training as directed; disseminate information and respond to inquiries.
- Work with school and district administrators and staff on the interpretation and use of assessment research, and evaluation information to improve instructional practices.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement methodologies, to conduct large and small-scale research and evaluation studies; develop data collection and survey instruments, coordinate data collection, maintain quality control of data processing and manipulations, perform statistical analysis of the resulting data and interpret findings.
- Organize, compile, and analyze data collected from original sources or extracted from district databases; accurately produce and interpret findings; develop summary reports for various audiences, and for state, federal, or grant reporting purposes.
- Design and oversee development of related assessment data collection and entry protocols and related reports, as needed, with the Technology Services department, including oversight of processes such as scanning, scoring, archival of data, and the establishment and maintenance of related schedules.
- Facilitate district and site-based assessment development and procedures for implementation; standards mapping, answer key development, scanning and scoring procedures, and reporting options.
- Participate in the interpretation and presentation of findings to a variety of audiences including school personnel, parents, District administrators and the Board of Education; prepare reports and presentation materials.
- Provide consultation to site and District personnel regarding research and evaluation project design and implementation including overall project design, survey/forms design, sample selection, data collection and analysis, hypothesis testing, reporting of results, presentation methods and graphics, computer and human resources, information and data sources.
- Maintain knowledge of national, regional, and local educational data sources; maintain an awareness of the major professional educational journals and current research; maintain an awareness of State-level governmental agencies producing and disseminating educational data; serve as a liaison with the major local and State-wide data providers.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and specialized software including desktop publishing, charts and graphics, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Research and evaluation, data collection, processing, analysis and reporting.
- Methodology used in educational research design and statistical analysis.
- Planning, organization, and direction of student assessment activities.
- Educational testing principles and practices.
- Theory and practice related to student learning, program evaluation, and educational measurement.
- Computer capabilities and data processing applications.
- Database systems and data management.
- Test/survey design and development.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software including desktop publishing, charts and graphics, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Computer software applications relevant to social science research and assessment development.
- Statistical and mathematical computations and measurements.
- Public speaking techniques.
- Plan, coordinate, design, and conduct activities related to assessment, research, and evaluation.
- Serve as a trainer and technical resource in, assessment administration and related software systems for processing and reporting results.
- Accurately analyze and interpret assessment, research, and evaluation results and provide clear and concise narrative and graphic explanations of data and trends.
- Plan and analyze work to utilize the capabilities of available equipment and software.
- Make accurate mathematical and statistical computations.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and advances in the field.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Complete assignments successfully with minimal direction and supervision.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Prepare and perform a variety of oral presentations.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Any combination equivalent to: bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of experience in assessment testing, data analysis, test development, educational research or related field.
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Office environment
- School sites
SALARY & WORKYEAR:
- Management Salary Range 45/1-5
- 225 day work year