Under the direction of an assigned administrator, perform a variety of independent secretarial and department management duties at the Centralized Enrollment Center.
To provide direction to and supervision of employees assigned to the Centralized Enrollment Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Perform a variety of independent secretarial and administrative tasks in the management of the Centralized Enrollment Center. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of assigned staff; assists in the evaluation of departmental staff as needed.
Types a variety of correspondence, memoranda, requisitions, reports, board communications, lists, bulletins, forms and letters; assemble materials and prepare packets.
Monitors and evaluates clerical tasks and functions; assists in the completion of projects and reports on an ongoing basis; approves and monitors department staff vacations, breaks, and other absences. Provides for the analysis of changes in work loads and fluctuation of work loads and prepares recommendations to accommodate these; provides for orientation and training of assigned staff. Assigns and plans for the utilization of student workers or aides; provides for training needs assessment of assigned staff and plans for appropriate training and plans for the utilization of personnel and equipment to meet clerical needs; provides for the ongoing communication between assigned staff and administrative staff. Provides for the analysis of changes in work loads and fluctuation of work loads and prepares recommendations to accommodate these.
Supervises the establishment and maintenance of files; provides for the recording and reporting of work order status for site or department.
Analyzes procedures and makes recommendations to ensure efficiency of operation.
Provides for training, supplies, and maintenance of office equipment as required.
Supervises the pick-up and delivery of intra-district mail and deliveries through U.S. Postal Service or other delivery service.
Maintains calendar of clerical production; plans for and supervises the production and/or revision of major documents. Provides supplies for meetings; plans for the utilization of computer capability to meet existing and newly identified needs.
Arranges for translation letters, documents, handbooks, as needed
Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Basic research methods.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Methods of collecting and organizing data and information.
- Business letter and report writing techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Basic math.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and secretarial duties to relieve the supervisor of administrative and clerical detail.
- Serve as a liaison between administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents and the public.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Learn applicable sections of the State Education Code and other applicable laws.
- Learn District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
- Type at a minimum of 65 words per minute from clear copy.
- Take and transcribe dictation at an acceptable rate of speed.
- Maintain financial and statistical records.
- Compile and verify data and prepare reports.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently or from oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing systems.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Make basic mathematic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Move hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Hear and speak to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- See to read a variety of materials.
- Bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to file materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Five (5) years secretarial experience and experience in district enrollment procedures, ADA reporting, and data entry.
Confidential/Supervisory Salary Range 18
225 day work year