A. PRIMARY FUNCTION:
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities, to perform duties related to the administration of construction projects for the district. To assist with the bidding of construction projects; prepare requisitions and related financial tracking; process accounting reports to the Office of Public School Construction; to retain records as required; to perform other job-related duties as required.
B. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Directly responsible to the Director of Facilities.
C. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and facilitate all requests for bids, bid openings and contract signing.
- Responsible for the technical, operational, and daily management of the Facility Dept.
- Responsible for maintaining project logs.
- Responsible for creation of expense reports for the State Allocation Board.
- Prepare Board work for Facility Department.
- Work closely with accounts payable to ensure payment of invoices in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Principles and practices of public agency purchasing, particularly as related to facilities and construction.
- Public contract code and construction bidding process.
- Business office and purchasing procedures
- Governmental fund accounting
- California Labor Code
- Read and interpret laws, rules, and regulations for purchasing under Education and Government Codes
- Analyze invoices, bids and contracts for completeness, quality and cost
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work\
- Read and analyze certified payroll records
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Possession of a valid California driver's license with no restrictions which would preclude driving on the job is a continuous requirement.
Equivalent to completion of an associate degree in an appropriate field.
Accounting, business, purchasing, or other business experience may be substituted for the education on a year for year basis.
Minimum three years of increasingly responsible experience in performing purchasing, business or technical purchasing-support.
Work, preferably in a public agency setting with experience in construction administration requirements.
Mgt. Salary Range 18-26
225 day work year