New Haven Unified School District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle


Mission Valley SELPA Annual Service Plan and Annual Service Budget Plan Public Hearing
Jun 16, 2020 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 980 8910 3880
Password: 5Kr6mk


What is Special Education?

State and federal law require that a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment be offered to qualified pupils with disabilities, ages 3 through 21 years. In the event that appropriate placement or services cannot be provided to an individual with exceptional needs, an Individualized Education Program (IEP) team may consider services in a non-public, non-sectarian school. (Education Code Section 56040 et seq.)

Services also are available for students who have a handicapping condition that interferes with their equal access to educational opportunities. (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973)
Have a question or concern?
Start at your site. Your teacher is working hard to make sure your child is well served.  It always works best when they are know and understand your questions and concerns.  You can request a parent conference at any time.  You can also contact the Principal of your site with any concerns.  
We are also here to help you at the Educational Services Center. Please contact special Services department for specific information or for requests for special education services under IDEA or Section 504 at: 510-471-1100 x 60425, 34200 Alvarado Niles Road, Union City, Ca 94587
For general special education questions please email
Suzan Lee-Young at
For questions regarding special education transportation please email Transportation Dispatcher at  or Suzan Lee-Young at
For questions regarding home/hospital services, health or nursing services Megan Foster at
For questions about preschool or private school programs email Mary Rios at
For questions about K-12+ programs email Alexis Perry at
For questions about mental health programs email Rich Bromberg at
For questions regarding Extended School Year or Autism specific classrooms email Megan Foster at
For questions regarding your procedural safeguards or parent rights please click here.
Check out or Community Advisory Committee (CAC) on Facebook