New Haven Unified School District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle
Enrollment » Required Documents

Required Documents


Registration Requirements for Grades TK – 12
At the end of the the student enrollment process, a student's parent/legal guardian must must come to the Centralized Enrollment Center to show picture identification and proof of their child's birthday to finalize the enrollment process..


The following information is needed as a part of the enrollment process:

1.   ADDRESS VERIFICATION – Parent/guardian must have in his or her name TWO of the documents described below listing the home address.  Must be current and within 30 days (CA Education Code 48204.1, District per Board Policy #S5111.1):

Property tax payment receipts,
Rental property contract, lease or payment receipt,
Utility service contract, statement, or receipt:  PG&E, ACWD, Cable, Internet, Home phone or Garbage,
Pay stub,
Voter registration,
Correspondence from government or county agency, or
Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of pupil      

2.  BIRTHDATE VERIFICATION – For new TK/Kinder enrollees or students who have never attended a California public school, ONE of the following is required to be presented to finalize enrollment:

Original Birth Certificate with the county seal. This can be obtained through the county where     your child was born (The souvenir certificate from birthing hospital is NOT acceptable).
Original Baptism Certificate signed by the pastor of the church.
Official Passport.     

3.  FOR STUDENTS TRANSFERRING FROM A CALIFORNIA PUBLIC SCHOOL, please bring withdrawal grades or transfer form, report card/transcript, and CELDT scores from previous school, if applicable. This can be provided to the Central Enrollment Center when showing proof of identification.                      

4.  IMMUNIZATION RECORD – Your child will NOT be able to start school until you have provided documentation of ALL required immunizations.  For 2020-2021, all 7th graders must show proof of Tdap booster.  



Applies to new Kindergarteners, first graders, students who have never attended a public school and students new to the United States.

Must be signed by the doctor and include tuberculin risk assessment and skin test. Students who have had a positive skin test in the past must have a report of a subsequent negative chest x-ray and a recent (within one year) physician evaluation of TB status.

6.  SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES OR 504 Plan – Most Recent Signed IEP or 504 plan.

at The Union City Family Center
725 Whipple Road, Union City, CA 94587

Centralized Enrollment Center Hours

Week of June 1 - 5, 2020
Stop By Hours for Enrollment Proof of Identification:  Tuesday & Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Office Hours by Phone:  Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For information call (510) 476-2625, ext. 0
Starting Week of June 8 (Closed on Fridays)
Stop By Hours for Enrollment Proof of Identification:  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Office Hours by Phone:  Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For information call (510) 476-2625, ext. 0