NEW HAVEN UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
CENTRALIZED ENROLLMENT CENTER HOURS
Office Hours: Monday through Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, last appointment at 3:00 pm
For information or to schedule an appointment, call (510) 476-2625, ext. 0
Fax (510) 441-1926
Online Registration Requirements for Grades TK – 12
Parents/families interested in completing the pre-enrollment process on-line should come to the Centralized Enrollment Center for more information, including the web site.
Parent/legal guardian must be present at time of enrollment appointment and must show picture identification
(for identity verification purposes only).
Please make sure this registration packet is filled out completely and that you have all necessary documents
before scheduling an appointment.
Please be sure to bring a printed copy of the online pre-enrollment packet to your appointment.
1. ADDRESS VERIFICATION – Parent/guardian must have in his or her name TWO of the documents described below listing the home address. Must be current and within 30 days (CA Education Code 48204.1, District per Board Policy #S5111.1):
Property tax payment receipts,
Rental property contract, lease or payment receipt,
Utility service contract, statement, or receipt: PG&E, ACWD, Cable, Internet, Home phone or Garbage,
Correspondence from government or county agency, or
Declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of pupil
2. BIRTHDATE VERIFICATION – For new TK/Kinder enrollees or students who have never attended a California public school, ONE of the following is required to be presented upon enrollment:
Original Birth Certificate with the county seal. This can be obtained through the county where your child was born (The souvenir certificate from birthing hospital is NOT acceptable).
Original Baptism Certificate signed by the pastor of the church.
3. For students that are transferring from a California public school, please bring withdrawal grades or transfer form, report card/transcript, and CELDT scores from previous, if applicable.
4. IMMUNIZATION RECORD – Your child will NOT be able to start school until you have provided documentation of ALL required immunizations. 2017-2018 all 7th graders must show proof of Tdap booster.
5. PHYSICIAN’S STATEMENT of PHYSICAL EXAM or KAISER PHYSICAL EXAM FORM
Applies to new Kindergarteners, first graders, private school transfers who have never attended a public school and students new to the United States.
Must be signed by the doctor and include tuberculin risk assessment and skin test. Students who have had a positive skin test in the past must have a report of a subsequent negative chest x-ray and a recent (within one year) physician evaluation of TB status.
6. SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES OR 504 Plan – Most Recent Signed IEP or 504 plan, as appropriate.