Skip to main content

New Haven Unified School District

Main Menu Toggle
Employment » General Information

General Information

Apply with New Haven Unified School District
The application process is as easy as 1-2-3!
  1. Browse New Haven USD job listings and submit an online application on Ed-Join.
  2. When the hiring principal is ready to interview, applicants will be considered and may be selected to interview.
  3. If selected to interview, you will be contacted by the school to set an appointment.
    Once you have interviewed – If you are selected for the position, you will be contacted by the personnel department. If you are not selected for the position, you will be notified by the school.
For job descriptions and salary schedules, please see the Certificated, Classified and Management links under Employment in the main menu to the left.
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What are your current vacancies?
A: Check the listings at Ed-Join using the Ed-Join link at the top of the page.

Q: I don’t have Internet access at home. Can I come in and apply in person?
A: No, all applications must be submitted online through Ed-Join. You may wish to use a friend or family member’s computer or visit your local public library.

Q: Did you receive my application?
A: If you received a confirmation e-mail, we have received your application. If you did not receive an automated e-mail response within 4 hours, please re-submit your application.

Q: Is this position still available?
A: If the position is still listed on Ed-Join it is still available. All positions are removed from Ed-Join once a position is filled.
Q: Does your District have an Induction program?
A: Yes, here is a link to information for the  New Haven Induction Program
Q: Can my credential teach this class?
A: Please refer to your credential and/or the CTC Web site to determine what you are credentialed to teach.

Q: Which supporting documents should I attach?
A: Required documents are a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation. No other attachments are required.

Q: Should I attach my transcripts?
A: No. Transcripts are not required and will only be requested if selected for a position.

Q: I need help applying online/scanning/attaching documents. Can you help me?
A: Please contact the Ed-Join help desk at (888) 900-8945. They will be happy to assist you.

Q: Can I send you my attachments via fax, US mail, or e-mail?
A: No. All attachments must be attached to your Ed-Join application. No hard copy or e-mail attachments will be accepted.

Q: I don’t have a scanner at home. Can you scan my documents for me?
A: No. New Haven Unified is unable to provide that service. We recommend you visit a Kinko’s, UPS Store, Office Depot, etc. Many of these places are able to scan your documents and save them to disk or CD for a small charge.

Q: What format do my attachments have to be in?
A: Attached documents must be formatted in one of four formats: .rtf, .pdf, .jpg or .txt. The preferred choices are .pdf or .rtf. Each document cannot exceed 1 MB (megabyte) in size. For more information on attachments, visit Ed-Join's Frequently Asked Questions.