Board Briefs for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Before the regularly scheduled Board meeting, a reception was held in honor of Dr. Arlando Smith’s inaugural Board meeting as the Superintendent. Congratulations, Dr. Smith!
At the Special Board meeting held on June 26 of this year, the Board drafted goals for the District. These goals were shared at the August 22 meeting and formally adopted by the Board:
- Increase the number of students who are College and Career ready.
- Through Personalized Learning incorporate the 5C’s in support of providing Common Core aligned instruction and assessment.
- Insure that the student trajectories (CAASSP) indicate growth and increase math and reading levels at elementary grades.
- Ensure Community Confidence in the District by increasing participation, communication and collaboration between District / Schools and Stakeholders.
- Maintain a strong and sustainable budget.
* Insure Basic Services according to Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF).