New Haven Unified School District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle

**Certificated and Classified SUBSTITUTES Needed**

Certificated Substitutes: 
Must have either a 30 Day Emergency Substitute Permit or a Teaching Credential.  Official transcripts showing the conferral of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, CBEST, and Negative TB test or Risk Assessment done with in the last 60 days. 
Classified Substitutes Positions:
Clerical, Custodial, Para Professional
Negative TB Test  or Assessment done within the last 60 days, Live Scan FBI and DOJ Fingerprints must be completed. 
Increased need for Para Professionals (Classroom Aide)
New Haven is looking for caring adults to work with our students. Multiple paraprofessional positions are open. Paraprofessionals help in the classroom by working with students in small groups, providing individual instruction to struggling students, help with test taking and retakes of tests and are an important classroom support to classroom teachers.
Paraprofessionals must have 48 college credits completed in any subject OR can pass the paraprofessional test that is given by The Alameda Office of Education. More information can be found on the New Haven Unified School District's Personnel Openings.
This is an ideal job for college students with flexible hours or people considering a job in education. To apply please go to and create a free account and look for the job posting for RCA I positions. (4 hour and 6 Hour openings available). Fill in all needed information. You can also contact the school with the opening/s for more information:
Please complete application online  at for Certificated and Classified,  for substitute work search for the substitute application. If you need further information please e-mail: